Steps to Deactivate Snapchat, Reactivate it or Permanently Delete it
Are you having one of those bad days when you want to permanently delete Snapchat but also not? The good thing is that no matter how hard you try to permanently delete it, you will deactivate Snapchat first.
So, here’s how it works: When you delete Snapchat, Snapchat saves your data for 30 days. This means that your Snapchat account stays deactivated for 30 days. If you reactivate your Snapchat account within these 30 days, you can start using your account as before. But, if you don’t, then your Snapchat account is permanently deleted.
You might have several reasons for deactivating Snapchat, maybe you’re unable to add more friends on Snapchat and you don’t find it interesting or maybe you are on your social cleansing mission. Whatever your reasons may be, this article is going to make everything clear to you.
Here’s what Snapchat has to say about it:
Your account will be deactivated, which means friends won’t be able to contact you on Snapchat. After 30 days, your account will be deleted. If you’d like to reactivate your account before that happens, just log in to Snapchat
One more note: If you’ve requested your data and haven’t received it yet, please wait until you’ve downloaded your data to delete your account. We won’t be able to contact you if your account is scheduled for deletion.
So, let’s quickly look at the steps to deactivate Snapchat or permanently delete it:
Step-by-Step process to Deactivate Snapchat:
- Go to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account from your browser on your mobile or desktop.
- You will see the screen as below. Enter your Snapchat username and password.
- After you enter your Snapchat details, you will directly see the screen the “Delete Account” screen as below.
- Enter your password once again and click on Continue.
- You will see the message as below that confirms your Snapchat has been deactivated.
- Snapchat will also send you a follow-up email to confirm that your account deletion/deactivation is in process.
Reactivate Snapchat Account in Two Steps:
- Go to the Snapchat app on your phone and enter your username and password. You will see a message as below.
- Click on Yes and then Snapchat will reactivate your account within a few minutes. You will be notified of the reactivation in your email and you can begin using your Snapchat again.
Permanently Delete Snapchat?
As mentioned above, if you want to permanently delete Snapchat, you do not have to log in to your Snapchat account for next 30 days. Once you stay away for 30 days, Snapchat will delete all your account information and you won’t be able to login anymore.
Deactivate Snapchat or Delete Snapchat using the Mobile App?
You cannot deactivate Snapchat or delete it using the mobile app. You have to login to this site https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account on your browser to deactivate or delete Snapchat.
Would your Friends know if you Delete your Snapchat Account?
It won’t take your friends long to know that your Snapchat account is missing. They will not be able to see your Snapchat account and won’t be able to send you Snapchats. Your username will be missing from the Snapchat app and that’s how they will know that your account has been deleted.
I have tried to be as detailed as possible, so I hope all your queries regarding deleting/deactivating/reactivating Snapchat has been clear through this article. If you still have some questions, just let me know in the comments below!
You may also like some of these articles from my site: