Top 35 Instagram Statistics of 2018
People started sharing their photos on social networks, long before the advent of Instagram. But, this site has caused a real coup. Thanks to convenient filters and the simplicity of publications that allow millions of people around the world to post their pictures daily.
Here, we have a variety of Instagram statistics of 2018 confirming the popularity of this platform. So, let’s begin from the beginning:
- Instagram was launched on October 6, 2010.
- The first photo was published by Kevin Systrom (@kevin) on July 16, 2010, in a test version of the service.
- This Platform was bought by Facebook on April 9, 2012, for $ 1 billion.
- At that time, there were only 800 million users on Instagram.
- Instagram provided advertising tools to some brands in October 2013, and the feature became available to all in September 2015.
- Now on this platform, more than 1 million advertisers publish their ads.
Instagram Financial Statistics
- In 2015, Instagram brought $ 595 million in revenue from mobile ads.
- In 2018, Instagram is expected to generate more than $ 6.8 billion in revenue.
Instagram Users’ Statistics
- Now, Instagram has 800 million active users per month and 500 million active users per day.
- 75% of Instagram users are outside the United States.
- More than 60% of users use the site daily, which makes it the second most popular network after Facebook.
- 90% of Instagram users are younger than 35.
- The most popular brand (besides Instagram itself) is National Geographic, with 83.7 million subscribers. Most of the followers are currently with Selena Gomez. At the time of this writing, 131 million people have subscribed to it.
Instagram Usage Statistics
- Over 40 billion photos have been published on this platform.
- Instagram puts 3.5 billion likes every day.
- On an average, 80 million photos are published daily.
- Over the past two years, Instagram usage has doubled.
- The study showed that 8% of online accounts are fake.
- In the same study, it was shown that 29.9% of accounts are inactive since they publish one or more photos or videos per month.
- When videos were introduced to Instagram, in the first 24 hours, users shared more than 5 million videos.
- Pizza is the most popular Instagram food.
- More than 49% of brands are on Instagram. According to forecasts, this figure will increase to 70.7%.
- Of the one hundred best brands in the world, ninety have an Instagram account.
- 96% of US fashion brands are on Instagram.
- Interaction with brands on Instagram is 10 times higher than on Facebook, 54 times higher than on Pinterest, and 84 times higher than on Twitter.
- More than a third of Instagram users use their mobile phone for online shopping. Thus, they are 70% more likely to shop online than consumers who do not use Instagram.
- 50% of Instagram users subscribed to their favourite brands, which increases the likelihood of buying products.
- Posts with at least one hashtag are more involved by 12.6 %.
- For publications with geotagging, involvement is 79% higher.
- The involvement of posts with a photo higher than that of posts with video.
- The average involvement for one post has grown up by 416% over the past two years.
- 70% of The Most Popular Hashtags Are Branded.
Countries with Maximum Number of Instagram Users 2018
- New York, USA
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Istanbul, Turkey
- United Kingdom
Top 10 Most Popular Places On Instagram
- Disneyland, Anaheim, USA
- Times Square, New York, USA
- Central Park, New York, USA
- Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
- Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo, Japan
- Disney World, Orlando, USA
- Louvre, Paris, France
- Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn, USA
- Disney California Adventure Park, Anaheim, USA
- Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, USA.
The Most Popular Hashtags on Instagram
Top 5 Most Popular Celebrity Accounts In The World
- Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) – 130M + subscribers
- Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano) – 121M + subscribers
- Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) – 117M + subscribers
- Beyonce (@beyonce) – 111M + subscribers
- Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian) – 108M + subscribers
Here, some of the Resource links that I have used for collecting the statistics:
In recent years, reality has changed a lot. Every two minutes more shots are taken than during the 19th century. Over the past 12 months, 10% of all photos taken were taken just within a year. People’s love for photos is not reducing. These statistics clearly demonstrate, how important it is for marketers to use the potential of the Instagram visual network to reach their audience.
This post has been written by Lauren McLaren, who’s a guest blogger with