How to Deactivate/Delete Instagram Account On Phone
You’ve spent the last few minutes trying to delete Instagram account on phone but you can’t find any option to do so? If you’ve been looking to deactivate or delete an Instagram account from your mobile app, you would not find anything. That’s because there’s none.
Before you decide to delete your Instagram account, let me warn you that a deleted account cannot be recovered. All your photos, tags, stories, videos, messages, everything is deleted. Even your username is deleted and you can’t use it to reactivate again. So, if you are not sure of losing your Instagram account forever, you might want to just disable your Instagram account.
Also learn, how to unblock each other on Instagram without any third-party app.
How to Remove Instagram Account using the Instagram App?
Instagram app has no feature that allows you to delete your account using the app. Nonetheless, it’s still possible to delete Instagram account on phone. Rather than trying from the app, you need to use your mobile browser to disable or delete Instagram.
Let’s learn steps for both disabling and deleting your Instagram account from a phone.
Disable or Deactivate Instagram Account on Phone:
- Go to your mobile browser and log in to your Instagram account. Go to your profile by clicking the icon at the bottom right.
- On your profile, click at the settings icon at the top right.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to your profile and select “Temporarily disable my account.”
- On the next screen, select the reason for disabling your account and enter your password. Then, click on “Temporarily disable account” to disable your account.
Delete Instagram Account on Phone:
- Go to your mobile browser and go to the page “Delete your Account.”
- You will be taken to the “Delete your Account” page where you can enter the reason for deleting your account.
- Select the reason for deleting your account and add your password.
- Once you add your password, click on “Permanently delete your account.”
This will delete your Instagram account permanently and you will not be able to reactivate it or access it again.
You can use the same process to delete or disable the Instagram account on your PC or computer as well. A password is required to delete your Instagram account, hence if you can’t recall your password, you might want to follow the forgot password procedure and get a new password to move forward.
You might be also interested in: