Social Media Influencers are going to be Primary Content Creators of 2018
Who are social media influencers? Social media influencers are people who can influence other’s opinions and decisions on social media. Now, yes, from outside it looks like their main job is influencing. They have a personality that people are attracted to and it makes them a social media influencer.
But, if you look closer.
One of the reasons why they are able to influence people on social media is that they are amazing content creators. They are Instagram or Pinterest social media influencers because they are good at creating pictures that get bountiful likes and comments. They are Twitter or Facebook influencers because they are funny or great at writing, webinars or teaching.
Somewhere, they have to be wonderful content creators to be admirable social media influencers.
So, what’s the point?
The point is that when you pay for influencer marketing in 2018, don’t think of it as a one-time transaction. Because it is not. The content created by your influencer can be used by you in several marketing campaigns. According to a research from Linqia: Marketers spend an average of 2.6X more for professionally produced content than they would be working directly with influencers to create the same asset. According to the same research, 58% marketers believe that influencer content outperforms their professionally produced content.
How can you use your social media influencer’s content in 2018?
Use Social Media Influencer’s Content on your Website:
The example I have taken in the picture above is from Gymshark. Gymshark started influencer marketing by hiring influencers exclusively for their own brand. They use their influencer’s content on their product pages, website banner, and social media accounts.
Using your influencer’s content on your website has many benefits:
- It helps you in building a connection with your audience. People see their favorite influencers advertising your brand on social media. Then they see the same social media influencers on your website. To them, it looks like a close association between your company and the influencer. Since they like to do what their influencer does, they may like to use your product.
- It helps you in retargeting
There are many ways how you can use your influencer’s content on your website. You can use their content to launch new products, showcase your products in a different light, or use them as testimonials.
Use Influencer’s Content on your Social Media Channels:
You would obviously know that you can share your influencer’s content on your social media channels. But, the question is that how well you utilize their content on your social media.
Some tips on utilizing your social media influencer’s content on your social media:
- If they have created a video, add it to your YouTube channel.
- Do you have videos of multiple influencers? Is it possible to create an interesting short video from them? If yes, then you can create it and use it on your Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Tag your influencers when you use their content.
- Give a throw-back with your influencer’s content.
- Regram it on your Instagram and pin it to your Pinterest profile.
- Add it to your social media cover photos.
An example of Scentbird sharing their influencer’s content on their social media pages.
Sharing their content on your multiple platforms will increase engagement on all your social media profiles and help you increase your audience base.
Use your Social Media Influencer’s Content for Digital Ads:
56% of the marketers reuse content from their influencer in their ads. Frankly, doing this makes complete sense. Because we know that how the ad performance improves just by selecting the right image or video. Your social media influencer’s content is something that people relate to and enjoy watching.
So, yes, you should use their content for your ads. Let’s look at some of the ways you can do it:
- Use your social media influencer’s content for your paid digital ads.
- The short and engaging videos will be good for YouTube Ads.
- If your influencer has created an attractive image content, you can place them in the banner ads, Facebook ads, Instagram ads.
- Promote their blogs on your Twitter profile.
One tip to pick your content for ads: Wait for some time after your influencer campaigns have been launched. After few weeks, analyze the performance of all your influencer ads, and pick the best-performed ad for your digital campaign.
Use your Influencer’s Content on your Blogs:
If Neil Patel has talked about your SEO tool in a blog, would you not share it everywhere? You would, right? Because it’s a testimonial from the top in your niche on your product.
Similarly, when your influencer writes your content, you share it with your customers. You can be creative while sharing their blog posts:
- Send their blog post in your email newsletter. People love to see what others talk about your brand and this would be a good chance.
- You can add sponsored on the blog post that’s from your influencer, so people would know that it’s a paid blog post. This example is from Fabfitfun
- Promote their blogs on your social media platforms. If it’s getting an amazing response from your audience or generating sales for you, you can also use it in your social media ads.
Use your Social Media Influencer’s Content on your Emails:
Do you struggle with preparing your email content? I certainly do. Sometimes, I really run out of all the possible ideas that make a brilliant newsletter. Well, but now there’s an easy solution.
Yes, you can use your influencer’s content in your emails and make your emails extra special and different. 40% of the marketer’s use their influencer’s content in their email marketing campaigns.
The advantages of using your influencer’s content in your emails:
- If your audience opens the email, they are probably going to read the email if they see any familiar face on it.
- Marks & Spencer, saw a 6% increase in their womenswear email revenue when they started using influencers in their email campaigns. The click-through-order rate improved by nearly 33%
- Easier to create the email content.
So, we have seen the benefit of using your social media influencer’s content in different ways. And, how you can make the best out of it. Go ahead and try it for your influencer marketing campaign.
Make sure to add it to your contract that content can be shared by you and to mention your influencer when you use their content.
Let us know in the comments how your social media influencer marketing campaign in 2018 worked for you. And before you leave, make sure to check these 4 pitfalls of influencer marketing campaign.