How to create Facebook Ads with WhatsApp button?
I’m so thrilled with this new feature that Facebook has added on December 13, 2017. Now, you can run Facebook ads with WhatsApp button. Your customers can send a direct message to you on WhatsApp from your Facebook ad. I think it’s a great announcement for small businesses.
I’m partially excited because Facebook marketing has been an integral part of my mom’s home décor boutique. And, I have been waiting for this day when Facebook would integrate WhatsApp in their ads. So, here we are.
By the way, did you know that WhatsApp user base crossed 1 Billion in 2016 and is expected to cross over 1.3 Billion in 2017? With increasing smartphone penetration, we are set to see more advertising models around messaging apps.
Facebook’s messenger ads have already become a widely used advertising model. But, there has been some low adoption of Messenger ads for small businesses. This gap is what I hope WhatsApp ads can fill. WhatsApp has begun the journey into the ad world now and it will be impressive to see how small businesses leverage it.
Let’s look at how the Facebook ads with WhatsApp button actually look like:
Here’s how the Facebook Ads with WhatsApp button works:
Image via Facebook
- The user clicks on the Send Message Button on the Ad.
- The Ad opens on their WhatsApp. The user can send the default post on WhatsApp or edit the post and hit Send.
- The business will receive the message from the user and they can continue the chat on WhatsApp. The message also contains the ad so the business knows exactly which ad is connected to the message.
What Facebook has to say about it?
“Many people are already using WhatsApp to communicate with small businesses. This is a fast and convenient way to stay in touch. By adding a click-to-WhatsApp button to Facebook ads, companies can now make even easier learning their products, making appointments or using their service, “says Pancham Gajjar, product marketing manager at Facebook.
Thinking more and more about this news, it makes me wonder why Facebook has been experimenting with adding WhatsApp icons to their apps. I think we have all the answers now.
But, first thing first, let’s teach you how to create your own Facebook ads with WhatsApp button. The only way to do it right now is through boosting your post.
How to create Facebook Ads with WhatsApp button:
(If you’re new to Facebook ads, read this)
- Open your Facebook page and click on the post you want to boost.
Add a WhatsApp button to your post.
- Once you select the WhatsApp button, you will be prompted to add your phone number. Add your business phone number and the confirmation code. If you do it correctly, your number will be verified and added to the ad.
- After you have added the button and the number, your post will look something like this:
There’s a Send Message button on your post with the WhatsApp logo.
- Set your budget, audience targeting, and schedule for the boosted post.
- Click on Boost.
The whole process is this simple. The feature has not been rolled out for the Facebook API yet, but we will see that soon.
Facebook Ads with WhatsApp button is more useful as many small businesses find WhatsApp more convenient. They converse with their customers on WhatsApp every day and shifting to Facebook Messenger was a little difficult for them. Now, they can integrate Facebook ads in their business within their comfort zone.
Over to you:
What do you think about this feature? Do you think this is exactly what your business was looking for? I think it’s going to be more useful to small businesses. But, I would love to know what you feel about this feature affecting marketing strategies of big brands? Share your answer in the comments! Let’s discuss. Any doubts? Feel free to share that too.